Saturday, January 3, 2009

"when i was seventeen it was a very good year"


Here's one from the archives: I just dug up this video of us playing what must be our third show, but it's the first show as the Wild Dogs as they are now. It's definitely Frank's first show with the band. Even though this was probably two years ago we all look fourteen years old and I don't think we all really knew the songs yet. It looks like I've still got my baby fat. Nobody had any idea who the fuck we were. Mark wasn't even in the band, the drummer here is Corin Roddick who left after two more shows or something. This was from a show with Slow Down, Molasses from Saskatoon, who came up to us afterwards and said we reminded them of the Black Lips. Frankie and I were slamming Olympia in the back alley before the show and we played with a post-rock band who booked us thinking it was going to be a folk set because I had only played acoustic shows in Edmonton up until that point.


Love,
The Wild Dogs.

No comments: